Saturday, October 26, 2013

Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream Review


swatched on my hand
It has just the right amount of creaminess, that is easy to blend, and a little goes a long way.

swatched on my face
when blended
 pimple marks and redness around my nose are less visible now
The finish is a little bit dewy.

This bb cream from Lioele is another one that is worth sharing. I love this so much that I always repurchase whenever I run out of it, despite the fact that I own more than enough bb creams from different brands. This one also runs out more quickly than my other bb creams because I use it more frequently, and the price is lower than my Dr. Jart Silver Label (which I try to save as much as possible because it's kinda pricey).

Why I love it:

I have a medium skintone  (kayumanggi, as we call it in the Philippines). At first look, Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream seems quite light for me, but it oxidizes quickly and blends really well with my natural color. It makes my skin look brighter and my skintone even. The coverage is 8/10. I only have minimal blemishes most of the time, so the coverage is enough to make my face look flawless. Believe me, I often get compliments on my skin even from random strangers (example: Sales Assistant at malls or random customers at my shop) whenever I wear this BB. They ask, "What product/cream do you use? Your face looks so smooth. It's glowing."(When they say glowing, I think they mean my face is dewy-looking.)
I guess this bb cream gives me the most natural flawless look compared to some of my other bb creams because people don't even think I'm wearing a makeup or something.

Another thing is, this doesn't have SPF. I know to some that is a disadvantage, but to me it's a bonus because I can wear this at events or parties where picture taking with flash is certain to happen.
I have made a mistake before when I wore a bb cream with SPF to attend a wedding, and to my disappointment, my face looked too white (like that of a Geisha) on the pictures. It was quite embarrassing because some people might think I wore my one-year-supply of foundation that day. -_-
(To those who don't know yet, SPF in foundations or bb creams reflects light from camera flash, making your skin look white in photos. If you cannot avoid the SPF, avoid the flash.)

When I need to be out under the sun, I just wear a sunscreen underneath or I just use my other bb creams with high SPF. That's not really an issue to me.


Does it control oil well?
The oil control is 7/10. I have a very oily skin, especially my nose and forehead, and blotting is very normal to me. I have never really found a product that made my face matte and oil-free throughout a day. When I'm outside and it's very hot and humid my face gets extra oily, but when I'm inside an air-conditioned room, my face just gets dewy, not greasy.

Extra Points:
It has never caused me breakouts.
The packaging is very pretty and it is a pump-type tube.
I think the price is just right for the quality. It is cheaper than  Dr. Jart and Missha bb creams.

My recommendations: 

This is a good bb cream to be used at night time or when taking pictures with flash.

This will suit light to medium skintone.

Best for people with normal and oily/combination skin type.

If you need sun protection, wear a sunscreen underneath this bb cream.

If you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize first before applying this.






I will be reviewing my other bb creams soon. :)


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a nice BB Cream =)

    I would be so thankful if you could check out my blog =)

    http://jamila-aj.blogspot.ch/

    Thank you

    Aida

    ReplyDelete