Monday, October 28, 2013

4U2 DreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder Review

4U2 DreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder SPF15 PA++ in shade #2

The girly print. Many people who have seen this said it looks like a toy.


The back side with some important information printed.

Swatch on my finger. 

when blended on my hand. the darker side is the one with powder.


Brand: 4U2 Cosmetics
Made in Thailand
Net. Wt. 7g

Note: My skin type is combination to oily.

Coverage:
I give this a score of 6/10 when used dry, and 7/10 when used wet. It evens out skin tone though and reduces the appearance of red spots. 

Oil control:
I give this a score of 6/10. 

Color:
There are three shades available. The #1 is the lightest, but I'm a medium skin tone so I chose #2. I regret it because when it's blended and built up, it turns out to be darker than my skin. My face becomes obviously darker than my neck and shoulders. -_- 

Texture and finish:
It blends smoothly and has a matte finish. 

Longevity:
I give this a score of 6/10. It disappears after 3 hours as my face starts to become oily and I start blotting.

Packaging:
It's cute, but at the same time cheap-looking. The print fades easily. But what I dislike the most is the mirror. It is a narrow, vertical, rectangular one, that makes me feel cross-eyed when I look at it.
The small size could be an advantage since it can easily fit in makeup bags.

Price:
Php194 for a 7g product. Inexpensive? You could say that but...there are other local powder pacts that are bigger with only a little bit price difference, if not cheaper.

Final thoughts:

I bought this because I've read a lot of rave reviews on this, and I thought, if it really is a great powder that is inexpensive, then I better have one too.
But from my ratings, you can already tell that I am not loving this product. I don't see anything special about it. It's just a normal powder.

My personal opinion is, this is an overrated product. My ratings are based on my personal experience and standards.
I do not dislike this powder but I don't love it either. It's not a bad product nor a very good one.
For me, the quality is so~so, and if you want the best value for your money, buy other powder pacts from other local brands that are bigger and have better quality.

And until now I don't know why it is named 'BB powder'. Is it a bb cream in powder form? When I looked at the ingredients, I didn't see any similarities with the ingredients of bb creams. BB creams usually have whitening, anti-aging and skin nourishing benefits, right?

Since the color turns darker on me, I only use this to set one of my bb creams that is quite light for my skin tone, to balance the color. That way this powder becomes very useful to me. :) But I won't repurchase.








3 comments:

  1. I agree! I bought this because it was raved about but even after 1 hour snce application, my nose starts to shine. I also agree on the fact that it becomes or the powder itself is a little darker when used heavily usually with a sponge. I like that it's a light-medium coverage powder though. :)

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ! If I got the right shade maybe I could have liked this more :)
      Thanks for the comment and I'll be visiting your blog <3

      Delete
  2. Detailed and descriptive articles written in this blog is really very helpful for me as well as for other who seeking such kind of knowledge. It is definitely going to become useful in coming future.
    กําจัดขนรักแร้

    ReplyDelete