Monday, October 28, 2013

Beauty Box Subscription

I have been fighting this temptation to subscribe in a beauty box for several months now. I keep reminding myself all the disadvantages of it but..I finally gave in. Makeup is my weakness.

The concept of beauty box subscription is to deliver assorted sample-sized and full-sized beauty and wellness items that we may not have tried before. This is a great way for us to try out new products without spending a lot. It's also a great way to discover our future HG products.
But there are some bad sides to it. Sometimes, we may receive something we have tried before, or we may possibly receive a color or shade that doesn't suit us, or a product that you don't really need.

Here is a list of  Beauty Box Subscriptions in the Philippines:

1. BDJ Box- Php 580/box

2. Saladbox - Php 500/box

3. Glamourbox - Php 595/box

I haven't tried any of them so I don't know how they are different from one another.

I don't know if Sample Room should be in the list too, which is a beauty sampling site but with a very different concept. In Sample Room, the samples are free. All you pay for is the delivery fee. But the products you get are very limited to the points you have. If you are not a VIP member, your points as a newbie is only 100. VIP membership = 1000 points, that costs 599, and expires in 2 months. I availed of the VIP once, and I'm planning to renew it soon if they have new samples that interest me. The best thing in SR is you get to choose which products you get.


I've seen a lot of previous boxes of the three sites, but I wasn't very fascinated because some products are things I have tried before, or things I can easily get or buy at the mall if I want to try them. That's the reason why it took me a long time deciding to subscribe or not. 

What I'm looking for in a beauty box are products that are unique to me, with great assortment.


And I thought..since I always buy cosmetics in Korea, why not search for a beauty box too? I had a feeling that they surely have, why haven't I thought of this before?!

While searching, I saw about 5 or more beauty box subscriptions. It was hard to decide which to get but I ended up with these two:

1. Glossybox


2. Memebox





I'll update this post with more information...



















No comments:

Post a Comment