Monday, July 29, 2013

Tips on How to Groom Your Eyebrows

This is not going to be a very detailed tutorial. I just want to share some tips on how to groom eyebrows in an easier way, without beating around the bush. 

Let's get started!

What you'll need:
1. curved cuticle scissors
2. blade/ eyebrow razor
3. white eyeliner
4. tweezers 
5. eyebrow pencil/powder





First: Use the white eyeliner to draw lines around your brows according to the shape you want. This prevents you from over-plucking/over-shaving your brows. Matte eyeliner is better but I don't have any so I just used the shimmery one that I have in my makeup kit.


Second: Using an eyebrow razor, shave the brow hairs outside the lines. (I prefer using that blade in the picture but if you use that, you need to have a light hand and be very, very careful so you don't accidentally cut your skin)
You can also use tweezers to pluck but personally, I prefer shaving. When you constantly pluck your brow hair, soon, they will stop regrowing. I'm afraid of having bald brows when I get older.

Third: Get a cotton pad, moisten it with makeup remover, and use that to erase the white lines you drew. 
If you see some extra long brow hair, trim them using the cuticle scissors.

Lastly: With a light hand, fill in the spaces with an eyebrow pencil/powder that is one shade lighter than your hair color. That will give a fuller look to your brows. Remember, your eyebrows don't really need to be very identical, but they need to at least look similar.


left brow before and after

right brow before and after

And here's the final look. I used only an eyebrow powder here.


Hope that helps! :)


2 comments:

  1. lovely tutorial, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to your upcoming posts!♡

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com
    (Join my blog International Giveaway ♡! 21 items- lots of Japanese makeup and beauty products like Dollywink, Diamond Beauty, etc! )

    ReplyDelete